Monday, November 20, 2006

Finished Objects!!!


Ta-Daaaa!! It's done, it's done! No more guilt! No more sitting on the sofa looking at it feeling bad... no more seeing it added to the mess in the living room. And IT'S SO FREAKIN' CUTE!!!!! I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I did my first kitchener's stitches on the underarms (thanks, Senor, for the narrative help), and it's my first garment with set in sleeves.



I modified the placket neck and the sleeve and hem edges. They are meant to be seed stitch, but I was afraid the difference in yarn guage between the yellow and red yarn would cause the edges to look too bulky. So I did my edges in ribbing, and instead of casting on the extra stitches for the placket, I knit the neck opening straight and then picked up the stitches afterward. This helped with the ribbing and with the color change. I'm pretty pleased with myself for figuring out how to change it without fouling things up.

I just hope it fits the baby!!!!



I also tried out this felted fortune cookie pattern (I apologize for not remembering where I found it. It was a free pattern on-line somewhere). It worked pretty well; it was definitely easy. I want to try it in a more fortune-cookie-ish color, and I might try putting a zipper in the next one. It could be a little coin purse or something. This one is closed with a snap... perhaps for wrapping Christmas bling? We shall see...

Here's another:

Another Odessa!!! I like this one a lot! It is knit with Cascade 220. I am going to knit one for myself soon, and I think I will add an extra inch before the decreases... on a account of my giant noggin... I mean, my giant brain. ;)


Also, let's not forget that there's been a specially requested gift hat for my favorite sister in law... which I will not show you yet. Sorry. Must maintain at least a little surprise!

And finally... just to drive myself crazy, I cast on an epic project yesterday. After completing the baby sweater I just couldn't help myself. I felt so invincible. I've done something drastic folks. I cast on Eunny's Print 'O the Wave shawl.

This is the end
My only friend, the end

There's not even enough of it to photograph yet... Geed!

1 comment:

amanda said...

OOOH, I CAN'T WAIT!!!