Monday, June 26, 2006

Bootie, Dude!

Another comissioned knitting weekend was had by all... okay, by me. First I knitted the front of a onesie... FAILURE!! Something with the guage didn't work out right, and I think the pattern was a bit wonky, too.

But since the comission was to knit something for a baby girl, and the buyer isn't feeling at all particular, I decided on booties instead. Very fun, very cute!

They're not quite finished yet, but I couldn't wait any longer to share.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Baby Jamie

One of my muses... my cousin's daughter, Jamie. I made her this hat as a late Christmas gift. I just found this photo of her on her blog wearing my hat!! Yay cute babies in knitted things!! I can't wait to see a photo of Charlie in her little purple dress...

Many Projects started. A few finished, too...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Now What?

Here are my two main current projects... A scrap hat (bottom) made up of bits and balls of left over yarn. Just for fun.

And Pat's sweater (above), which is the same color as the carpet in the office, unfortunately. But don't worry, you'll be seeing plenty of this before it is done, and I will make sure to find a better spot to capture it next time. Right now it is just over an inch long... I have about 15 inches of straight 3x5 ribbing to do... As my brother would say, "EPIC!!" (He used to say that a lot... he probably doesn't any more... I can't keep up with the kids these days!)

Monday, June 12, 2006


I almost hate to give this up... I am the very proud mama of a new baby dress. It weighs less than 1 pound, but it is very healthy.

I will need to work on my embroidered flowers, 'cause I wanted to put some on the yoke of this dress, but after two t.v. shows worth of failed attempts, I decided some cute little bobbles would work well. And while they are slightly unevenly placed, I'm sure the 1 year old who wears it won't mind.

On to a sweater for my husband!

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Separated at birth

Here are the completed two sides of the baby dress... Next I join them together and add some ribbing to the neck and arm holes... and then a little embroidery on the yoke... et Voila! Finished.