Friday, February 24, 2006

Today, I made a decision.


To stop worrying. About the wedding, that is. Yes, my wedding day is 63 days away-- and it's time to admit that I'm getting so excited! Last week, you would have gotten a, "Yikes!" or a "Yeah, it's pretty crazy!" But now... I'M SO EXCITED!!! I've started dreaming about it at night. I can imagine it, and when I imagine it, instead of imagining a melee where the photographer is missing and the bridesmaids are stuck on planes and the groom is sweating and passing out, I can see the happiness and the good tears and I can feel the butterflies... pretty ones, not moths!

So today, Mommy, I made a decision. It's all fun from here on out. And I can tell you I'm having more fun already.

And when I am a wife, I just decided, I'm not going to worry about that either. I'm going to have a great time. I always used to, and there was a time in my life when I thought it was easy to have a great time no matter what I was doing... and it's that time again. I have been far too serious lately. I've been treating this wedding planning business with suit and tie gravity. No more, I say! My attitude is going from cadet blue to my signature ORANGE! And no one can stop me!

Man, life is good when you're an optimist! How did I ever forget that?!

2 comments:

Gregorio said...

*applause*

Good on ya, kiddo!

amanda said...

I'm so glad they're not moths. Moths are super gross.
I had a dream not too long ago that I was wearing some hideous tube-dress thing at the wedding... and I was dating Shawn.