Monday, May 10, 2010

Another Cake

This time for our anniversary. Number 4!!




The lighting is not great, so the colors aren't quite right. The fondant was a very subtle off-white, the moon was silver, and the flowers were more coral than this photo would indicate. It was a small cake, only about 6 inches across. I looked into ways to make the cake more firm in order to build it up better. It worked. More eggs, less water. Next time I'm going to try the suggestion to add instant pudding mix to the batter. Time to try to make a cake in the shape of... something... maybe one of those purse cakes?

Our wedding cake was a bare white cake with bare branches on it. Now you can see our trees have bloomed.

2 comments:

Free Range Chick said...

awww, your trees are blooming just like your family.
choke choke
sorry, I think I have a spoon stuck in my throat.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I ever said a proper "Happy Anniversary" to you both (bad friend!). I was just looking a pics from the weddding the other day. So pretty... and your cakes are STUNNING.