I love movies, but have not bothered to see many in the past few years. Time to make up ground. My local library has a great collection, and I am raiding it. I am not counting movies that I've seen before.
Here we go:
1. Becoming Jane- good.
2. The Hangover- hilarious.
3. Atonement- wow!
4. The Ugly Truth- eh.
5. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly- WOW!
6. Little Children- wow.
7. The Secret Life of Bees- good.
8. The Tudors: Season 1 (okay, not a movie)
9. Wall-E- Marvelous!
10. Mamma Mia!- oh no no no...
11. Brokeback Mountain- really really good.
12. Julie and Julia- awwww, very satisfying.
13. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day- so cute!
14. Up- how I love you!
15. The Private Life of Henry VIII- old, funny, good.
16. Coraline- I'm trippin' balls, man!
17. Kramer vs. Kramer- sad.
18. Waitress- so cute! I'm hungry!
19. Spirited Away- Not my thing.
20. Everest (IMAX)- Awesome!
21. American Wedding- kinda cute, kinda forced.
22. A Room With a View- very good.
23. October Sky- good.
24. This Is It: Yes, Michael, it is.
25. Exorcist: The Beginning- not as good as original.
26. A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints- I'd like to read the book.
27. Poseidon- Titanic upside down and on fire... but somehow not as good.
28. Marley and Me- Best one on the list so far.
29. The Time Traveler's Wife- Not bad. I bet this book is good.
30. 17 Again- familiar, but in a good way.
31. Everest- they killed Jason Priestly in the first 3 minutes!
32. Jarhead- Damn. And Wow!
33. Oceans 12- good Saturday afternoon fare.
34. The Break-Up- cute, lame ending.
35. Precious- savage. amazing. breath-taking.
36. Dancer in the Dark- I wanted to like it but didn't really.
37. Tudors: Season 2- Cheaters never prosper.
38. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas- who needs denouement? 39. Sunshine Cleaning- not as good as I hoped.
40. Mrs. Brown- Lovely.
41. High School Musical- cute enough.
42. High School Musical- second movie, second rate.
43. The Whole Nine Yards- uneven.
44. We Are Marshall- sad and inspiring.
45. The Jane Austen Book Club- Makes me want to read and reread.
46. Hard Candy- Now I don't like pedophiles OR 14 year old girls...
47. Inglorious Basterds- Fuck Yeah!!
48. Twilight- Yes, I loved it. I'm a child. I'm going to read New Moon.
49. Tough the Top of the World- A blind guy climbed Everest, too. If I was blind, maybe I could lose 20lbs...
50. Fame- Lame
51. Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist- Very cute.
52. Babies- So so interesting. Hippies suck.
53. Nine- Turned it off, and I love musicals. Bummer.
54. Avatar- AKA "Ferngully: 3D". Way overhyped!
55. Where the Wild Things Are- Pretty, but didn't finish it, didn't care enough.
56. Toy Story 2- Very cute.
57. Ballerina- Russian ballet documentary- Awesome, if you like that kind of thing.
58. Pheobe in Wonderland- interesting and touching.
59. Fantastic Mr. Fox- what a charming surprise!
60. The Hearse- Surprise ending: we watched the whole thing. 61. New Moon- YES PLEASE!!! Might buy it.
62. District 9- Lived up to the hype and more! Loved it!!
63. My Blueberry Nights- Not bad, but Norah's a better singer than actress.
64. August Rush- I'm in love with this movie.
65. The Negotiator- Very suspenseful! I liked it.
66. Hot Tub Time Machine- Pretty funny.
67. The Informant!- Bizarrely compelling
68. Alice in Wonderland- Really enjoyed it.
69. Million Dollar Baby- new respect for boxing.
70. Quantum of Solace- Enjoyable, liked the first Craig movie better.
71. Vicki Cristina Barcelona- Loved it!
72. Enchanted- Loved it!
73. Chapter 23- Strange.
74. Michael Clayton- Compelling but I'm not sure why...
75. Dinner for Schmucks- Funny.
76. Date Night- Depressing, Uplifting and Hilarious all in one.
77. Angels and Demons- Yay!! Good one.
78. Step Up- Whatev.
79. Made of Honor- Wanh wanh...