Monday, April 12, 2010

So it turns out...

... I might be an extraordinarily slow knitter.

Two rounds of a Jaywalker take me 8 minutes... ??? That's only 168 stitches. How can that be?!

Granted, it's not slow in terms of new knitter speeds, but I've been knitting for about 6 years. Every day. This sock is going to take me FOREVER! In fact, I'm so slow that my brain hasn't realized that I'm actually still working on my first Jaywalker, which is weird because I gave those to my mom years ago, and she doesn't know either that she's wearing socks that don't actually exist.

So far I've knit for over 3hrs 45min and my sock is only 3 or 4 inches long.

I am ashamed.

I'd like to try knitting 168 stitches of something else and see how long it takes me, because 8 minutes can not not not be my empirical time for 168 stitches. It can't even be close.

1 comment:

Free Range Chick said...

I wonder how fast I would knit a sock. Keep in mind that you are working a pattern also. Not just stockinette stitch, which is a lot faster.