Friday, December 29, 2006

Yule be so glad...

... when the holidays are actually ACTUALLY over. Besides all of the eating and drinking being finished (like I need encouragement to overdo it!), I'll be back at work and the blogging will recommence with a finished object! No, it's not a sock for Senor Fuerte. It's a capelet from Wrap Style!! A one week affair that is currently blocking on my bedroom floor. I am in love! I just hope that it stays cold long enough to wear it in public a few times. It was knit with Cascade 220 in a really bitchin' grey/mauve/sage heather. It doesn't sound like my kind of color, being one who is naturally attracted to acid greens and bright reds and turquoises, but this bizarre and fascinating grey caught my eye during my many holiday knitting shopping trips, so I finally got 3 skeins. Then I bought myself Wrap Style with a gift card I received many many moons ago, and the rest, as they say, is history. I am finished. This project had a kind of momentum that I haven't felt in a while... and it is my first outerwear garment for myself: an adult. I am very pleased and am considering wearing it for New Years Eve. Here is the photo from the book:

Oh, nevermind... I can't find a photo of it on-line. You'll just have to wait for a photo of mine!

PS. Good news on the flawed Jaywalkers. My mom LOVES THEM!! She wore them around the house for almost three days straight, and she has showed them off to everyone. I guess "Mommy, Look What I Made!" finally got it right!! She has been telling me how everyone tells her jealously that THEY don't have any handknit socks... WoohOO!! I couldn't be happier, and I couldn't forgive the poor color match of the yarn to my monitor more! She thinks the colors are beautiful. Go figure.

Also, the new blue Odessa went to my G-ma, who looked adorable in it and loved the color because she is a San Diego Chargers fan. I must have had some kind of lucky premonition that she would need that hat.

Also, Michelle if you're reading this, thank you SOOOOO much for the pretty gift!! I looked at my LYS for Malabrigo yarn and they didn't have it. I was so bummed, but now I have it!!! I'm looking forward to trying out the light up needles too!

Okay, that's it for now. I'll do a big photo spread on Tuesday.

Happy New Year, everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked it, that yarn is too luscious not to share. Happy New Year!