Wednesday, August 01, 2007

(Yarn For) The Knitting

I've been up to things.


(almost) Finished Object! Senor's custom made socks. I maaaaaade it!! These were knit with 1+ skeins of Colinette Jitterbug in the Toscana colorway. I have a lot left, which I will most likely use to make squares for the sock yarn throw I'm slowly working on... so slowly. I still need to weave in the ends, but I suspect it will be a while before Senor wants to pad about in wool socks. Right, Senor?


A Very Harlot Scarf. It's based on a pattern invented/posted by the Yarn Harlot long long ago. I will add a link to her pattern as soon as I can find it. This yarn is Mandalay Pure Silk in some pink color. I'm not going to lie to you, this yarn has been voodoo in my stash for a long long time. It was the yarn chosen for the recently aborted Retro Redux Shrug, and before that it was an aborted Onesy. It just never seemed to work for anything. It feels good, it looks pretty, but it just never cohesed (?) with any of the patterns I tried. So I opted for this scarf "just to get the yarn out of my house."


Now it's not going anywhere.

(The extra skein IS going back to the shop, though.)

And speaking of shops, how often does one get to say this?

There's a new yarn shop in town!!! It opens TODAY, and we are walking (walking!) to it on our lunch hour!!! Now, we have one LYS within walking distance of work already (4 blocks, danger!), but this one is even closer than the other. (1.5 blocks)

If you are doing the math, that does mean that these two yarn shops are roughly 5.5 blocks apart, very close, but hopefully their personalities will be individual enough to fill two separate niches. Welcome to town, Twist Yarns!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two yarn shops within blocks of each other IS dangerous!! Don't let them know when your pay day is ..... :) Love your scarf, it's really cute. Looks light and fresh.

Anonymous said...

My socks look really cool. Too bad it's 8,000 degrees in our apartment.

Anne-Marie said...

So unfair, I dont even have one yarn store, just a crappy market that hasn't grown since acrylic yarn was invented :(

Pretty things though! Im currently making scarves from stash yarn too.

Gregorio said...

Wait... Senor is padding about in only his wool socks?? *blush*