Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I made an everlasting statement



I just spoke to my jeweler, George. On Saturday I dropped off our wedding bands to be engraved (this is not a photo of MY wedding band, but mine is very similar).

There was some concern as to whether or not they'd be able to engrave on the inside of my band, as it is so narrow, but I chose my words for Patrick's ring and hoped that they'd be able to write the same on mine.

Well, for the bargain price of $20 (yay, George) they WERE able to engrave both rings (yay, George's engraving guy).

The words are to remain a secret until the wedding, but I like the idea that someday when our good-for-nothing great grandchildren sell our bands at a flea market when they finally inherit the family estate... someone as sentimental as I am will find them and buy them for thousands of dollars (inflation's a bitch) simply because they say "Nat and Pat Were Here".

No, that's not what they say...

4 comments:

Gregorio said...

Is it a rhyming inscription?

"Nat and Pat are all That! (and a bag of chips?)

amanda said...

I think they say "Quit referencing our matching names!" I'd say that would have some posterity after 75 or so years.

Senora Fuerte said...

Oh man! I wish I had thought of that, Amanda!!!! Who says dead great-grandparents can't be funny from beyond?!

equippedtofascinate said...

You could inscribe it with something like "anyone who pawns this ring will be haunted by my ghost forever." That's not very funny and probably wouldn't fit though.