Friday, March 24, 2006

Today I made a left turn...

It wasn't difficult. I even managed to drive at the speed limit and avoid breaking any major laws.

What I don't understand is drivers who don't seem to have any particular goal in mind... the ones who are fine with letting 3 or 4 cars cut in front of them because they just can't be bothered to keep up with the car in front of them. There ought to be another type of horn on cars, one that indicates "I think you are dumb", not the alarming "you're about to hit me" that is built into the steering wheel, but something a bit more judgemental-- Perhaps something that sounds like Goofy when he falls off a cliff or something of that nature. I could have used it several times today...

I also tend to stop when big red signs declare STOP. Someday I will write a blog about stopping... one perhaps entitled "today I made a complete stop."

But it is not this day.

For those of you who recognize... yes, that is a quote from Lord of the Rings. Today I made reference to a sci-fi movie... It's a lesser acknowledged fraction of my being.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody should respond. Of all of the millions of people reading, "Mommy, Look what I made", I'll be one. Keep up the good work. I enjoy looking through the hole in the construction fence that surrounds your life.

equippedtofascinate said...

I was stuck behind someone pulling a sailboat on a two lane road going 15 under the speedlimit today. I'm glad they weren't in a hurry to get anywhere.