Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Back to Knitting

The knitting resumes with a vengeance, and as I am sure all my knitting friends would agree, December is a time for quick finishes. Do it now, get it done, have it on hand. So that is what I've been up to.


These bitty baby socks flew off the needles. I'm not crazy about the pointy toes as I don't think I know any people having elf children... so if I make them again, I'll try a little something different.



This loopy alpaca scarf, while not exactly flying off the needles, is progressing fairly quickly and will only be a shortie. In real life it's a much better chocolatey green color than the photo indicates. It's for when you need a little ruffle in your day.


A few hours and a few fewer increases and you have Calorimetry Lite, same great taste, less filling.


A glove. Though it hath not fingers now, it shall in the offing. White ones. Its mate is being knit presently. Ask not the source of the bizzaro language. I Wassail... Heedless of the Wind and Weather!!

And one last thing, just 'cause it's wee...

3 comments:

Free Range Chick said...

But, soft! what yarn through yonder fingers flow?
It is the wool, and Natalie is the sheep.
Arise, fair sheep and kill the envious novel,
Who is already sick and pale with grief,

FOR TAKING UP TOO MUCH OF YOUR KNITTING TIME!!!

Man that was umcomfortable. Glad to see you knitting again.

amanda said...

is that tiny sweater for a real live being, or for something inanimate?

Senora Fuerte said...

The tiny sweater, if I ever bother to weave in ALL THOSE ENDS, would be a Christmas ornament/present topper. It would be cool to have a real live being that small. I'd keep it in my pocket and name him George.