Friday, December 07, 2007

When I can't do it...

... I feel like a stupid person. I know that I'm not. So why can't I do it?

I discovered some chronic stitch pattern errors in my Print o' the Wave stole. That was the deciding moment. I cut it from the ball without hesitation. I was looking for a sign, and I discovered it in the moment of clarity where I could finally see my mistakes. I knew they were there, but I didn't see them until now. They were riddled through it like lace cancer and the only way to fix it would have been to frog back all the way anyway. So it's done.

But I've got an itch for lace, so I found another pattern to attempt, the Lilly of the Valley stole from Lace Style. I cast on last night, no problem and got to work.

So why is it that an intelligent person such as myself cannot count properly? I've already got stitch pattern issues that I can't explain and I'm only an inch and a half into it. I looked, I found one, I ticked back and redid that row. Guess what, still not right!!!! I'm really pissed off! Sure, I make mistakes often in my life, and I'm okay with that because no one is perfect... but WHY CAN'T I FRICKIN' FIND THE MISTAKES?!!!! RAAAAAUURRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

It's over. I'm breaking up with the Lilly of the Valley Stole. Whatever.

Does anyone know of a pattern that's so easy even a smart person can't mess it up?

Why are we out of wine?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Just buy more wine, eh?

On another note. what's you name on NanoWrimo? I want to read your 50,000 + words.

I check your blog every day, even tho' I can't knit diddley..

Senora Fuerte said...

The 50K are not yet ready for viewing, but I am planning to get them in order during January. I wrote whichever scene seemed fun to write at the time, and thus they are all out of order and there are some serious missing things... Buying 3x5 cards to help me organize scenes is on my list of things to do today, in fact...

My Nano name is SenoraFuerte, though...

David you should try Nano next year. I bet you could come up with 50K of something...

Anne-Marie said...

I like this little scarf

http://yummyyarn.indus3ous.com/archives/2005_09.html#000293

Its pretty basic but its a nice pattern to ease you back into lace after a traumatic event like the Lilly of the Valley stole :)