Wednesday, March 12, 2008

When Vacations Attack 2: Sorority Girls

Guess where my yarn was... My neighbor's mailbox. Guess where my neighbor was...

SPRING BREAK WOOHOOO!!

My yarn was being held hostage in her mail until the mailman finally couldn't fit anything else in there... then he asked the building manager to take her stuff for her... and that's when I got my yarn. The building manager liberated it. Phew! Claudia's Handpainted in Marigold. Just what I needed.

Of course, while waiting and getting frustrated, wondering where my Claudia's was, I made two orders on-line. The 3 skeins of Lorna's from eBay and 2 skeins of hand-dyed yarn from Etsy. All of my orders made it safely through the mail (or out of the mail)...

...Just in time for me to find them in front of my door as I arrived home from one of my LYS with a skein of Lorna's in the Gold Hill Colorway. I had to have SOMETHING to take with me in the long car ride. I didn't know the others were going to make it in time. I had given up hope. It was the last minute, and if it weren't for the last minute, the Fuertes would get no yarn, none at all!

So, if you're doing the math, that means I took 7 skeins of yarn with me on our getaway to Vegas. (You never know which color will call to you next) But see, none of this is my fault. I blame SPRING BREAK WOOHOOO!!! If the sorority girls hadn't left town, I'd have had one polite, thrifty little skein. But NNNOOOOOOO-oooooo.

Oh Gluttony, you are a seductive mistress!


Since Friday I have 3 finished squares, one on the needles, and a finished Roza's sock. Photos to come.

(What I'm not telling you is that I bought a skein in Vegas... What happens in Vegas...)

I'm too busy rolling in all the yarn to care about taking photos!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, weren't YOU a sorority girl?

Senora Fuerte said...

Yes, I was, but to my knowledge, my mailbox was never involved in postal hostage-taking.

amanda said...

SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!