Monday, May 18, 2009

Finished a Book

I've actually finished reading two books in the past 8 weeks... that seems like a lot for a new mother to have gotten through. In all fairness, though, I started both before Elliott was born.

One was "Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay and other things I had to learn as a new mom" by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor. I recommend it for Mommy types. But only if you have a sense of humor about your status as a mommy. If you take it very seriously, if it is sacrosanct, you may not like it. But I found its irreverence perfect for me.

The other was the Yarn Harlot's most recent book "Free Range Knitter". Excellent for you knitter types, and especially for you breast-feeding knitter types. It was the perfect book for middle of the night feedings. Thank you, Yarn Harlot, for getting me through the first 52 nights of being awake when I used to be asleep.

No comments: