Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Fabulous, The Completed, The Nearly Flawless...

Jaywalker 2.0!!



Yarn: Fly Supersport (I think? Got it at a fiber fair)
Size 2 Takumi dpns

They're a little big around the ankles, and they could fit feet quite a bit bigger than mine. But whose? Senor says they're a little too pink for him... In the 90s, real men wore pink. In the 80s, all men wore pink. In the 21st century... no dice. Oh well.

So for now, I'm planning to keep them for t.v. watching and Saturday mornings...

With the leftover yarn marble, I am making another square for my sock yarn afghan. The squares are made from Stitch Marker Larissa's pattern... If I knit enough socks, I'll have enough leftovers eventually to have a whole blanket... and no bits of this and that hanging around (except for a few yards for future repairs).


(And no, I'm not wearing tights with my jaywalkers in that photo. You wish they all could be California girls, huh? Some of us don't represent as well in person as we do in song.)

4 comments:

queenb2u said...

Nice socks. A special sock for Saturdays is a great, cozy idea.

Lone Knitter said...

Nice jaywalkers! I'm also starting my own sock-yarn afghan, but it is slow going, especially when I run out of the left over yarn and have to settle with a new coaster or something because the square is too small.

Congrats on winning the book. I'll be mailing it out next week. Thanks again for your squares!

Peach said...

Those are rockin' pink!

Try some Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Body Glow for those white legs. I got tired of mine, so I've been using it pretty religiously lately... I look nice and not white anymore. ;)
It's a good fake bake.

Anne-Marie said...

Mine are a little loose around my[white] ankles too. I plan on sewing in a really fine elastic thread to keep them up