Monday, March 05, 2007

Knitting News!

Oh yeah, a few things that I left out...



I WON HEAD GAMES!!! Head Games was a knitting elimination game a la Sock Wars... it began January 10th; I knit 1 hat and the majority of a second... and then I waited and waited, and nothing happened... and then I was announced the winner?! How cool is that?! I do wonder if I will ever get a hat of my own from someone, though. I knit 2 for others, where is my free hat? But still, I WON!!



AND Grandmother Purl's blanket is finished! It took a while, but now is as good as ever. Here's a photo of the completed blanket. How pretty!



That's my square at the top left corner of the photo album. Glad to see this finished, and I can't wait to see Grandmother Purl's happy face when it arrives. I'll be watching Crazy Aunt Purl's blog closely... like I always do.

Oh man, I can't wait to show you Maddison's present. Okay. Here's the deal. I'm going to go post it on the Stashalong blog. Ashley, DO NOT go check it out... I'm trusting you. Everyone else... GO SEE GO SEE!!!

http://stashalong.blogspot.com/2007/03/baby-sweater.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I don't see the link to Grandma Purl's blanket on Crazy Aunt Purls website... Blanket looks great. Did you piece it together for Aunt Purl? Do you KNOW her? I love her blog!
Sasha

Senora Fuerte said...

This was a project proposed by a friend/fan of Aunt Purl's to do something nice for Purl's grandmother, who had to move to a convalescent home. I knitted a square to donate, sent it in, and then due to uncontrollable events in the organizer's life, the blanket has been waiting patiently to be finished... now it is, and I assume that once Purl's grandmother gets it, we will see a post about it on her [Purl's] blog. Purl isn't involved, though... the blanket blog is:
http://grandmotherpurl.blogspot.com/

I don't know Purl, sadly, though sometimes I feel like I do. :)

knittingnurse said...

Blogger no longer gives us each other's email addresses - UGH! So, I can't email you but would love to chat beads!

jdammons AT yahoo DOT com

AKA knittingnurse
www.knittingnurse.blogspot.com