Monday, March 12, 2007

I'm in a groove.

Jaywalker 3.1


I've gone back to Lorna's Laces (I think. This was prize yarn from Brynne at "All This By Hand"), and back to size 1 needles. Pair #2 was knit on size 2 needles with slightly heftier yarn and turned out a bit too big.

For 3.1 I went back to the needles and yarn that I used for my mom's socks (too small for me), but they are knit in the slightly bigger size per the pattern on Magknits. These are a bit easier to get on and off so far, and I LOVE the colorway... very springy, which is apropos because we are having a heat wave here in So. Cal. Some places are in the 90s. Combine that with early daylight savings time and I am all confused!! Is it summer already? I am not prepared for bathing suit weather...

(Though you should know I am very proud to have made it through an entire summer last year without putting on a bathing suit... Not a fan!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the way the heel turn looks. Fabu!
Sasha

Lone Knitter said...

I love how the jaywalkers are knitting up with the Lorna's Laces. You know, I love Lorna's Laces. Out of all of my socks, they definitely wash and wear the best. Anyhow, I wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten to mail your prize. I'll send you an email when I do mail it. If I don't mail it tomorrow, it will probably be next week. :)

Peach said...

Ok, so, I'm such a knitting "virgin" but do you use DPNs to "knit in the round" Is that what you're doing, bc I have a ton of projects I'd like to do "in the round" but can never find circulars that are short enough.
Forgive my stupid question.

The sock is kewl!! 8-)