Monday, October 01, 2007

Coming Along



We're getting there. Ariann's sleeves are on and the neck decreases are under way. Each row takes forever, and I wasn't feeling great yesterday so I didn't get much done... :( But I'm hoping to be done by my birthday.

Gosh, I've been saying that a lot. You may have noticed that my running has slowed to a standstill. After running nearly every day last week, my legs were really aching, and not in a sore muscle kind of way. I went to the running store to ask the dude if I needed new shoes. In a gallant act of honesty, he told me that I didn't need new shoes, but that I was just overdoing it. And that I should rest and that I should ice my legs after runs until they get used to it. Nice. That saved me some money, which is good, but it didn't do much for my motivation, and since then I haven't run at all, in the name of rest. Now I have to run 2.55 miles per day to get through it by my birthday... Hmmm... the 10K this weekend will help, but if my legs were unhappy with 2 miles per day, I'm not looking forward to how they will feel now.

Also, I stole a moment on the scale to see how I was doing. And since my cup is half full, I have this to say: I haven't gained anything. Official weigh in is tomorrow night. I'm going to try not to gain anything in the next 36 hours. And maybe I'll actually make a step in the right direction.

Or maybe I'll just sit on my butt and work on Ariann.

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ariann looks amazing, keep going!!

Anonymous said...

Here's an idea: on the 10K, walk the first mile, then run the second and have fun blowing past all the other walkers! Repeat the pattern for duration of the event, and you'll have run 3.2 miles (if you run the last 0.2.)