Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bad Drive, Good Movie

My sympathy for all of you L.A. commuters is renewed. I used to do it, too, when I was doing theater in The Valley (like, fersherrr!), but I have forgotten in the pleasant haze of 4 mile round trip commuting. Oh man! The 405 was horrible! The only thing that made it worse was that the AM station I usually listen to when I need a traffic update was discussing the damn Dodger lineup-- Will baseball ever end?!!

On the flip-side of this: HOW EXCELLENT WAS "HOT FUZZ"?!!!! Seriously, a bit of serious blood and guts, a bit of cursing, and a whole lot of delicious dark humor-- I loved it!!! We cheered, we laughed, we applauded when it was over. It's not for the feint of heart nor for the kiddies, but seriously, guys, this is the first movie in a long time I've walked out of thinking, "Wow! I'm so glad I didn't miss that one!" and "I'd have gotten my $10 worth... if I'd had to pay for it!" (Free screenings are cool.)

And I knit while we waited for the movie to start. Long drive erased.

I have one question for you: Have you ever fired two guns whilst jumping through the air?

No comments: