Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Me and the Pea

Well, I left my pattern for Senor's sweater at work yesterday, so when I got to the point where I wasn't sure how to proceed on sleeve #2, I picked up the Pea Pod jacket and decided to seam.

...And then there was some Learning.

It's a tough job.

I don't like to learn, it turns out. But I do like having learned.

The ends are yet to be woven in, and of course it still needs buttons... but you must admit: That looks like a real honest-to-goodness cardigan sweater!


The sleaving away continues...

5 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I was gonna start this yesterday but I dont have any yarn to match the gauge. Im making a basic baby sweater at the moment. I want to make the peapod set soon though, and another baby cardigan I saw yesterday. I love that baby things are so quick to make.

Laurie said...

I really love the distinction you draw between "learning" and "having learned" - I feel the same way!

It looks great! I've only knit sweater-y things in the round because I don't want to go through the process of learning seaming quite yet. I'll tackle it soon, so I can move it from my "to be learned" box into my "have learned" box.

Peach said...

You are so good at that. I'm jealous. :)
Looks like a sweater to me!!

Knitting Ewe said...

Good job! You did amazing work - Handmade not homemade!

Frannie Farmer said...

That is absolutely beautiful. I am so envious of your talent!