Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Wildlife

Look who moved in just downstairs from us...
This is not your average gravel-colored patio lizard like our last one, Pedro, who lived on the second stair from the bottom. This is Fruity, some kind of escaped pet or rain forest stowaway, who moved onto the seventh stair up. He's pretty big, about 4 or 5 inches long, I'd guess. And he certainly wasn't afraid of me... I had the camera on HIS stair, and all he did was look at me suspiciously with one eye. I hope he doesn't move away too soon. That stair gets good sun all day long.

And this was the friend we made up at my parents' house this weekend...

A massive grasshopper almost as big as Fruity!!! He scared the stuffin' outta me when he buzzed me walking down their driveway and thunked himself onto their car. I have to admit, I was a little afraid to approach with the camera. This guy would leave a bruise if he decided to thunk me.

I hope he's not the beginning of some kind of plague or anything...

2 comments:

Senora Fuerte said...

I looked Fruity up. We believe he's an Anol Lizard. My third grade class had anols. I kinda wanna catch Fruity and keep him as a pet. I don't want the cats to get him...

Rest in Peace, Pedro.

Peach said...

Wow, that's a BIG grasshopper!!!