Monday, July 02, 2007

Who's a Brave Little Blogger?


Yes, this is Senora in her natural habitat. I am not ashamed. (Actually, I am a bit, but I think it's only fair to represent myself accurately). We got a new computer and a new desk, and it took us all weekend to get it all in place and all the wires on the correct side of the desk legs and all the furniture in a sensible location around it.

This is Senor in his natural habitat. Actually, this one is less accurate than mine. Senor doesn't usually look quite this non-plussed in the presence of chaos and disarray.

And lest you forget that sometimes I do look nice:

This photo was taken at Carney's on Sunset Blvd (the place that looks like a train and sells hot dogs and beer in plastic cups, Mmm-mmm!) before the Lindsey Buckingham concert. I shall now present my review of this fine fine show.

Mr. Buckingham (for he is a HE) was once a part of the still popular though broken-up band Fleetwood Mac. If you ask me, I couldn't tell that the rest of them weren't there. True, I would have liked to hear "Songbird", but even in its absence, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by how much I enjoyed this concert. I went into it not knowing what to expect from the venue (House of Blues) or the act, and I was quite pleasantly surprised by both. As far as the venue is concerned, I think it was good that I enjoyed the performance so much or I might not have enjoyed House of Blues so much; standing for the entire length of a concert would be gruelling without proper diversion. But since I was enjoying it, I found the intimacy and overall scale of the place perfect. We stood a mere 15-20 feet from the stage. From that vantage point, we got an amazing view of Lindsey's elaborate and elegant guitar playing.

Man, that guy can wail!! The highlights for me were "Never Going Back Again"- a song I love for its sparseness, which was only enhanced by being so up close and personal with the instrument and artist. It was just the man and his guitar, nothing else. The only thing that could have made this song better than the Rumors version was the absence of everything else, and that is what we were given. It was perfect.

I also loved "Big Love." You may not be familiar with this song, as I was not, but go watch it. If I knew how to make YouTube play right here on my blog as some more talented bloggers can, I would. Instead, here is a link. Big Love.

Oh, Man!!!

Also, how can you complain about "Holiday Road" as an encore?! I love an encore that makes you feel like all of the compulsory applause were worth it. ** Generally, I object to the obligatory encore. I know you haven't played your most famous song yet. Don't make me beg for it. I already stood in line and payed out the you know what to hear it.** In this case, however, I wasn't expecting to hear "Holiday Road", as it is a rather silly song, so when it started and I recognized it, I laughed and jumped up and down and be-bopped my entire way through it.

You can go your own way... or you can go Linsdey's way. I'll tell you which way I'm going.

4 comments:

Free Range Chick said...

I'd hate to show you the desk that I am using for my laptop right now. It's about 2 feet around and has princesses all over it. I also use a PBKids chair to sit in. This helps when working with Haley and her ABC websites, not so good for blogging.

amanda said...

I think you look smashing, no matter what. Although that top-ponytail's a little funny.

Anonymous said...

What's happened to my knitting buddy?
Have you seen the Briar Rose pattern on Ysolda's page?
http://www.ysolda.me.uk/wordpress/index.php/products-page/?product_id=5
Gorgeousness. I'm buying it right now.
Sasha

Gregorio said...

You know, I really really really enjoy your blogs.

And I miss Carney's! Man oh man, I'd forgotten all about that place. Gotta add that to the list of places I need to take Robyn to.