Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

Day 17

Is it my imagination, or did the baby drop last night? It could be no more than wishful observing, but the belly does seem a bit lower and more tear drop shaped than it did yesterday. And there does seem to be a bit more pressure on my hip joints than there was... Could this be it? The beginning of the end?

Now, don't start waiting for your phone to ring yet, 'cause sometimes the baby drops weeks before labor starts, sometimes days. Sometimes it drops during labor. There's no way to know which case this baby will be until something else starts happening.

So what's next? Here's a list of possible signs that labor might be on it's way:
1. Loss of the mucus plug
2. Nausea
3. Diarrhea
4. Water Breaking
5. Contractions
6. Dilation
7. Effacement
8. Baby on the floorboard of your car.

I'll let you know if I experience any of these (possibly with the exception of #3. That I should keep to myself, I think), but until then, we just keep waiting...

*********

Knitters: Don't despair. There has been knitting. Unfortunately for the blog's purposes, it's secret gift knitting, which is why you have seen neither hide nor hair of it. I can tell you the following: It is a baby blanket. It involves five balls of yarn, and I have completed two of the five so far. It's recipient is not set to arrive on earth until August, so it may be a while before you see it. The reason I have started it now is to save myself time after Zuul gets here. I suspect I may be a bit distracted then. Plus my brother's wedding is in August, so the more work I can get done on said baby's gift now, the better.

In other craft news, I am also cross-stitching a birth announcement for Zuul's nursery. Yes, old-fashioned of me, but when I saw it at Michael's, I couldn't help myself. I knew that I would be remiss in my duties as the mother of this child if I did not make it one of these impossibly cute cross-stitches. I don't think every mother needs to make one at all, but me being me, it is my obligation or I will look back in anger at myself someday for not making one. This I CAN show you photos of, but first I must take some...

No comments: