Saturday, October 07, 2006

6.2


Today I ran my first 10K. That's 6.2 miles, the farthest I have ever run before. I did it in somewhere around 1 hour 20 minutes... which was under my goal of an hour 30. I am very pleased! I am also, possibly more, pleased that I did it without walking. Not one step!! I cried at the end because I was so proud and overwhelmed (and exhausted), and there was Senor Fuerte at the finish line, having finished in 54 minutes, waiting for me and watching and beaming with pride. What a wonderful first experience!!

I may never be able to walk again based on the soreness that has already developed, but it was worth it. I can't wait for next year!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both. Accomplishing a goal is always a worthy achievement.

Anonymous said...

You Go girl, as a reward here's a link to a knitting podcast!

http://www.letsknit2gether.com/

Peach said...

Congratulations!!

amanda said...

Damn! 54 for the Senor? That's awesome!