Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Airplane knitting, NY wearing

First, the hat. The hat that I love beyond reason. It makes my head look like a raspberry, and I like it!



And then last night, rather than start a sock, I cast on for a comissioned project from a while back. A baby sweater for the new baby Quinlan. He is now 4 months old, so I am making the 6-12 month size Child's Placketneck Pullover from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts." I changed the seed stitch at the edge to 1x1 ribbing. My mom chose the colors and the yarn, so it is up to me to just go-go-go stockingnet stitch til my fingers bleed... but then again, what else am I going to do on the plane ride to NY?



Of course, it looks very small, but it's 112 stitches around. It takes a while, but it is mindless, which is nice. Perhaps there will be a movie worth watching on the plane... Does JetBlue have movies? I did call the airline to make sure knitting needles were allowed, and I got the go-ahead. Should I bring my own earphones so I don't have to pay $5?

No comments: