Thursday, October 05, 2006


The Red Fishtail is finished!! It is blocked and drapey and wonderful! Too bad I don't get to keep it... I guess I'll have to make another for myself now. I'm not sure I can take it. I may need a break for a while.

I attempted to make the bound off end similar in shape to the cast on end. I was not terribly successful. Here is the cast on edge:

See how it is kind of pretty and swoopy? Well, here is my attempt to shape the other end to match it. I totally winged it:


ERROR!! ERROR!! ERROR!! ERROR!!

When this scarf comes back from seeing the fall colors with my mom, I may see about adding some kind of lace border at each end. I don't know how to do that, but I don't see why that should stop me. For now, there is no time. The Fishtail must fly.

I do love it, though. It is much lighter in weight than the first, and it was also less taxing on me, which made it more pleasureable. And that is always a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! Love the color!