Thursday, October 26, 2006

An unveiling


A sweater for the Bean!!! This has been waiting to make its blog appearance until after Ashley got to see it in person, and now that she has seen it, you can see it!

Since this photo was taken, a cotton tape bow closure has been added to the opening at the back of the neck. It looks so incredibly cute!! Now, I know that this sweater is blueish, but the Bean's color preference is still a mystery, so we are calling this color "silver." If the bean is a girl, we will tape a bow to her forehead. Problem solved. 'Cause when you have the softest silver yarn and a great pattern, and everything comes together in one thrilling moment of "Mommy-to-be, look what I made!", you simply have to go with it, gender or not. I have promised that if, in fact, the Bean does turn out to be of the pink pursuasion, there will be many many pink things to come, but for now: Silver.

Of course, dummy me, I neglected to take a photo of the Mommy-to-be holding the wee sweater up to her still nonexistant baby bump last night when she opened it... but I will prevail upon her to do so tonight, if I can remember amidst all of the packing...

... Oh yeah, packing. I should probably start that soon. I'm pretty sure that I will not want to do it at 4am tomorrow when I get up to get to the airport on time.

And then there's the matter of dinner out with the girls tonight. Well, I'll just pack after that.

Right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And as the very lucky mommy-to-be who gets to dress her baby in this sweater, I do have to say how incredibly gorgeous it is!! The Bean is going to be one stylin boy or girl. :)

Peach said...

Too cute! Where can I find this pattern? :)

Senora Fuerte said...

This pattern is from "Simple Knits for Little Cherubs" by Erika Knight. It was really fun and easy to make. It's basically just the shape of a plus sign with a hole in it for the head. This book has lots of cute things in it, I highly recommend it! Enjoy!!!

Senora Fuerte said...

Oops!! This pattern is from "Simple Knits for Cherished Babies", which is the baby pattern book in the same series... confusing! Anyway, enjoy!