Here is my proud first attempt at colorwork. I don't know if my technique is technically correct, because I didn't bother looking it up. I just used good old-fashioned reasoning, and what do you know... it worked!!
Of course I cast on too many stitches, so this hat is even to big for my giant melon, and it's meant for Senor, who's head is a little smaller than mine.
It's knit with a wool blend, so am going to try to shrink it or felt it. If that doesn't work, I'm going to take a seam up the back with my sewing machine. I can't allow this hat to sit unloved in the closet, and there isn't a head in the world, now that Andre the Giant is no longer with us, big enough to fill this bad boy.
I still love it.
This is my square for Stitch Marker's Square-along. Two problems, though... One, I knit 1 too many repeat so it's more like 8" instead of 7"... drag!! And it has a mistake in it. One that probably wouldn't get noticed by many, but one that might not make this square book-worthy. I am going to find someone collecting 8" squares and send it to them. I have already started a second one for Larissa, but I don't think I'll finish it by the deadline. Oh well. I'll finish and send it anyway for the charitable cause.
Here are two hats, one for a baby (no baby in particular, thank you for the speculation, though) and one for an adult. The adult hat is made with the leftovers of various nubby hats I have made with Colinette Point 5. Love that yarn!!