Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Some Knitting Update Photos

Here is my proud first attempt at colorwork. I don't know if my technique is technically correct, because I didn't bother looking it up. I just used good old-fashioned reasoning, and what do you know... it worked!!

Of course I cast on too many stitches, so this hat is even to big for my giant melon, and it's meant for Senor, who's head is a little smaller than mine.



It's knit with a wool blend, so am going to try to shrink it or felt it. If that doesn't work, I'm going to take a seam up the back with my sewing machine. I can't allow this hat to sit unloved in the closet, and there isn't a head in the world, now that Andre the Giant is no longer with us, big enough to fill this bad boy.

I still love it.


This is my square for Stitch Marker's Square-along. Two problems, though... One, I knit 1 too many repeat so it's more like 8" instead of 7"... drag!! And it has a mistake in it. One that probably wouldn't get noticed by many, but one that might not make this square book-worthy. I am going to find someone collecting 8" squares and send it to them. I have already started a second one for Larissa, but I don't think I'll finish it by the deadline. Oh well. I'll finish and send it anyway for the charitable cause.


Here are two hats, one for a baby (no baby in particular, thank you for the speculation, though) and one for an adult. The adult hat is made with the leftovers of various nubby hats I have made with Colinette Point 5. Love that yarn!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. You've got a new fan of your blog. Love the skully hat. You must make it work, you MUST! It cannot be left behind. Why didn't I keep a log of everything I knitted... I can't remember half of what I've given away, and it's the poops. Keep your needles clickin' girl.
Sasha

Senora Fuerte said...

Hi Sasha!!

Welcome to the obsession. If you've never been there, go see www.yarnharlot.com
and
http://www.grumperina.com/knitblog/
and
http://larissmix.typepad.com/stitch_marker/
These are two excellent examples of the knitblog done right!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love the skull cap! (bad pun, I know) I bet a bit of felting will make it fit perfect. Plus a bit of felting always smooths away any gauge difference or mistakes!

For you lonely square, you might consider finding your local chapter of Project Linus to see if they would take it. I know we knit 8" squares when we were working on a couple for the Olympics last year.